Sonic the Hedgehog will have a Sequel
- Now producers have confirmed that Sonic the Hedgehog Movie will have a sequel and that it is already in development.
- Variety’s new installment has also been approved, noting that both director Jeff Fowler and screenwriters Pat Casey and Josh Miller are returning to production for the sequel.
- It is also confirmed that Neal H. Moritz, Toby Ascher, and Toru Nakahara will be in charge of photography.
- At the same time, Hajime Satomi, Haruki Satomi, and Tim Miller will serve as executive producers.
- It is not very clear what the premiere window of this installment will be and if it will repeat the design – presumably yes – of Sonic.
- The success of the first installment clarifies that, over and above, the criticism from users.
- The company knew how to rectify in time to put in theaters a film that lives up to what its critics expect.
- We wanted to pay attention to Sonic’s design that has been the subject of controversy since his first poster at the end of 2018.
- It is his first trailer last year, which led to the film’s delay due to complaints from his fans.
- Making those responsible react and changing its appearance, going from a more realistic image to the more classic current one, more in line with the Sega mascot design in its video games.
It is how Sonic has evolved in his movie
- And there are many changes applied to the original design.
- For starters, its proportions are now somewhat more cartoonish rather than the slimmer, more anthropomorphic look of the first version.
- Also, instead of the hands with white hair, the character’s typical gloves have been added.
- The same happens with the shoes, discarding the most realistic ones for other more casual ones, including socks.
- The hair on his face and torso also goes from the original white to a light brown tone.
- Although one of the most significant changes lies in face with much larger eyes
- A more upturned and rounded nose, and a less realistic mouth, including teeth.
- The ears also grow in size, all to add more expressiveness to the face.
- The body hair is somewhat less long and tousled, although its bluish tone remains intact.
- A curious detail is the distance between the eyes behind the nose has been left in a lighter tone.
- It gives the false sensation that the eyes touch in that area, a nod to the eyes of the classic versions of Sonic that remain united.
What We Know About Sonic The Hedgehog 2
- Last year, Paramount Pictures and SEGA provided some clues about Sonic The Hedgehog 2.
- Jeff Fowler was revealed to continue directing and Pat Casey and Josh Miller on the screenplay.
- At the moment, no details of the cast are known.
- Nonetheless, Jim Carrey should continue to play Dr. Robotnik and James Marsden as Tomb, although this remains to be seen.
- Paramount has decided to bet again on a Sonic tape.
- We already saw how in the first installment, they received an avalanche of criticism for the character’s design.
- They knew how to listen to them and made changes that ended up surprising the public.
- We now know that Sonic the Hedgehog Movie 2 will hit theaters on April 8, 2022, to repeat its predecessor’s success.
- Something exciting, and not less, is that for many, it will be the first film they will see in the cinema after the confinements and restrictive measures due to the coronavirus pandemic.
- READ MORE:- healthkaregua