Certified as Business Analysis Professional
Business analysis is one of the fastest rising careers in the US, growing 14% between 2016 and 2026. A job in business analysis can be both mentally and financially taxing. A business analyst is one of the company’s most valuable resources.
Obtaining a BA certification or training helps people stand out in the field of business analysis, as well as learning and mastering a variety of specialized skills and technologies. According to market research and polls over the years, certified business analysts earn significantly more money than their non-certified counterparts.
The IIBA business analysis certification is the most widely accepted qualification globally. IIBA has been promoting and certifying business analysts for over a decade.
Since its inception, IIBA has dominated the certification market for BAs, offering the following fundamental credentials:
- Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA)
- Certification of Competency in Business Analysis (CCBA)
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP)
What is CBAP?
Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) is one of the most popular credentials for business analysts offered by the IIBA. When it comes to your career as a business analyst, this is the certification that may help you rise to new heights.
With the high standards set by IIBA, the CBAP test preparation course will help business analysis continue to flourish. With the CBAP® certification, professionals can demonstrate their proficiency in excellent documentation, thoughtful planning, and developing business solutions. Business analysts who have earned the CBAP credential will be well-positioned to keep up with the fast-paced changes in the IT industry and demonstrate proficiency throughout the whole lifecycle of business analysis. Additionally, there are several reasons to get this qualification. They’re:
Top 10 reasons to get a CBAP® certification
- Get a globally recognized and highly sought-after certification in Business Analysis (BA).
- Increasing your employability and earning potential is an excellent way to improve your financial situation.
- Showcase your skill and expertise in the field of business analysis planning and strategy by highlighting your achievements.
- The fourth step is to demonstrate your expertise in Business Analysis.
- Make a name for yourself in the eyes of potential employers, coworkers, and recruiters by broadening the scope of your profession.
- Investigate job openings in various fields, such as IT, BPM, and project management.
- Experience in business analysis is required to be considered a senior business analyst (BA).
- Take on a challenging Business Analysis project and prove your abilities.
- Your company’s business procedures need to be improved and new prospects for growth discovered.
- You can accelerate the route to Business Analysis success and leadership with the proper training and certifications.
CBAP certification requirements
To sit for the CBAP certification exam, you must meet the following criteria:
Make sure you meet the requirements
CBAP is a professional-based certification for business analysts. The CBAP certification is intended for senior business analysts with more than five years of experience. The Advanced Certification in Business Analysis (ACBA) has stricter eligibility criteria than the Intermediate Certification in Business Analysis (CCBA) and the Entry Certificate in Business Analysis (ECBA) (ECBA).
- You must have worked at least 7,500 hours of Business Analysis in the last ten years. (You can estimate this to be about five years of business analysis experience)
- You should complete a minimum of 3,600 of the 7,500 total needed hours in at least four among the six knowledge areas of the BABOK® Guide Version 3.
- You need to complete a minimum of 35 hrs of professional development in the last four years.
Find the CBAP certification cost
The certification cost consists of membership fees, application fees, and exam expenses. Applicants must pay a non-refundable USD 125 application fee. In contrast, non-members must pay USD 325 for members and USD 450 for non-members in India for examinations. Your nation of residency affects the annual dues you must pay to join.
Become familiar with the CBAP exam syllabus
The exam is based solely on BABOK v3. Each of these subject areas has been given a certain weight.
- Business Analysis Planning & Monitoring – 14%
- Elicitation & Collaboration – 12%
- Requirements Life Cycle Management – 15%
- Strategy Analysis – 15%
- Requirements Analysis and Design Definition – 30%
- Solution Evaluation – 14%
Learn about the new CBAP exam patterns
It is a multiple-choice exam for the CBAP certification. It is why the questions are based on BABOK principles and frameworks. Scenario- and case-study-based questions are both included. Case study-based questions appear to range from 20% to 35% of the questions. More than one question is based on each case study, as long as one or two pages.
CBAP certification will teach you the following skills:
- List the essential concepts and theories in the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK).
- Analyze your skills in business analysis to determine strengths and weaknesses.
- The CBAP certification training course will help you identify the knowledge you’ll need to pass the exams and get your CBAP certification.
- Organize your work experience and education into a cohesive package for the application process.
- Prepare for the exams by utilizing your thorough understanding of business analysis principles and techniques.
What is the process for becoming a CBAP?
The CBAP exam preparation might be a challenging task. It involves
- Having met the certification’s eligibility requirements
- Filling out and approving the CBAP application
- Studying for and passing the CBAP test
CBAP certification will soon be the most sought-after certification for project managers. People who are good at observing, evaluating, solving business challenges, and creating long-term results will be the future of business and technical vocations. In addition to learning more about business, those who achieve the CBAP certificate will also understand finance.
Credentials like CBAP reflect a professional’s expertise in business analysis and their ability to accurately identify the organization’s business requirements and recommend the most cost-effective solutions. CBAP® certification requires you to expand your horizons in the field of business analysis.