CES: An Event Description
- You can know about CES News, as CES is an excellent and unmissable event for all lovers of new technologies and information club.
- The CES News, Consumer Electronics Show, in Las Vegas was established in 1967 and has grown to become the world’s largest show dedicated to technological innovation.
- This year, 180,000 visitors and 4,500 exhibitors are expected. The 2019 edition takes place from January 8 to 11.
Consumer Electronic Show
- They say that in 2021 the Consumer Electronic Show (CES) would mark the spirits.
- The tech high mass organizers, which was held every year in Las Vegas, had imagined a completely different scenario for this one-of-a-kind meeting.
- A new hall, as big as two terminals at Roissy airport, and a Hyper-loop link were to be presented to hundreds of thousands of exhibitors and visitors from all over the world.
- The Covid-19 has been there. The CES News in Las Vegas has moved onto the web and will open its virtual doors on January 11.
- But for what result? Nobody knows.
CES 2020: Not always easy for African entrepreneurs to participate in the Las Vegas show
- Prototypes blocked at customs and first steps in the giant hotels of Las Vegas.
- And also, two African entrepreneurs bring us their CES 2020.
- The high mass of new technologies takes place from January 7 to 10 in the United States.
CES 2021 in Las Vegas challenged by the virtual
- For French start-ups, one of the challenges of this online-only edition of the great annual tech fair is to stand out.
- Pascal Lavaur, the founder of Go4ioT, does not hide or avoid it.
- And also, the aim or prospect of not going to Las Vegas (Nevada) is at the start of the year to participate in the Consumer Electronics Show.
- CES, the annual high mass of new technologies – is not completely displeasing to him.
- “Last two years, I took one to two weeks to recover. It is exhausting.”
- The time difference to renew and absorb is the hours to keep your stand, the permanent hubbub, km of walking in the aisles, and days that stretch out till late at night.
- The event has a particular cost for organizations and finances.
- And also, between the plane tickets, it adds to the exorbitant price of accommodation.
- Even the registration to the show, the manufacture of a stand, and CES participation is expensive.
Ailing to make the trip, there remained a question to be resolved: was participating in the digital version of the event worth it?
- Due to the Covid-19, the CES will take place this year in virtual, from Monday, January 11 to 14, with few online conferences, pages dedicated to exhibitors, tools for discussion.
- Among the regular sessions of this annual meeting, big names such as Engie or Faurecia have decided to ignore it.
- Another subscriber, who is the connected home specialist Netatmo – owned, since 2018, of the Legrand group.
- “The CES is a rare physical meeting point, a place of conviviality, the opportunity to share a meal. It’s incompatible with an online event,” says company founder Fred Potter.
- “Our success is inseparable from this show.”
- Another absent, Withings, the specialist in connected health, participated in the show’s last ten editions.
- Less because of the online session format than the lack of major announcements to make at the start of the year, explains its managing director, Mathieu Letcombe.
- Until then, the schedule for the release of the company’s products was, however, based on the show’s opening dates:
- “It was a very motivating prospect for the teams to release the product on time,” admits the manager.
- MORE INFO:- technoologyin