Screen Record on Mac
- How to screen record on mac, recording our mac screen can be tremendously useful for some instances, such as explaining an action.
- On a simple computer with macOS, it is possible to do this without installing any third-party programs or applications.
- It can be extremely useful and here we tell you how we can do it.
Are there any requirements?
- In principle, you will be able to record the screen of your computer regardless of its model and different features.
- Therefore, it does not matter or require an iMac, iMac Pro, Mac mini, MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro.
- The processor, RAM, or storage size of this will also be indifferent, although, for obvious reasons, you must have enough space to save the recording later.
- Of course, you can have macOS Mojave or the latest version to access one of the recordings natively.
- And if not, you will have to change or resort to Quicktime, as we will comment on in the following sections.
How to Record a Mac screen natively?
- We can take screenshots on Mac in a straightforward way through a few simple commands.
- It is also possible to similarly access screen recordings.
- The case in which we said you would need to have macOS 10.14 Mojave or a later version. The route to follow is the following:
- Press the CMD + SHIFT + 5 keys together at the same time.
- You can see various screen options, including recording the entire screen and recording the selected part. Please choose one of them.
- Tap different options to choose where you want the recording to be stored and if you’re going to add a microphone, a timer, or see the floating window.
- Click on Record, and the recording will begin.
- Once you want to finish the recording, you must click on the corresponding button in the upper toolbar.
- We will save the video in the path you select in the options, and you can share it, edit it with a program or even delete it if it does not work for you.
Record screen with QuickTime
- Using QuickTime is the other native Apple method to record a Mac screen.
- It is an alternative to the previous process because it leads directly to earlier options in more recent operating systems.
- On Macs with macOS High Sierra and earlier versions, this is the only method to record the screen.
- In this case, we require to do a program, but it is Apple’s own that we already install on their computers without downloading it.
To proceed with making a recording with this application, you must follow these steps:
- Open the QuickTime.
- Navigate to the top bar and then go to File > New screen recording.
- Click on the arrow present next to the record button you will be able to modify specific recording settings.
- Click on the required record button to start your recording and click anywhere on the screen to begin recording the entire screen and if you want only part of it, select that area by clicking Start recording.
- To end the recording, all you have to do is press the button on the top toolbar or press CMD + Cntrl. + Esc.
- As soon as you finish, the file will appear on the screen to make the modifications you deem appropriate, and then you can save it in the folder you want.
- KNOW MORE:- wwwnaaturalhe