What is Ikea Smart Blinds?
- Ikea Smart Blinds that are raised and set at dawn are the highlight of the modern home. Unfortunately, intelligent blinds are costly.
- This will change now that Ikea has launched its first Venetian blinds to promote the Smart Home.
- Ikea’s Fyrtur and Kadrilj smart blinds are much cheaper than the established ones and do not require professional installation.
- I recently installed the Fyrtur Blackout shutters in a single window. They cost (129 euros) like the Kadrilj blinds.
- But the Fyrtur model offers more privacy and lighting control; otherwise, both models are identical.
- Smart home blinds from Ikea have been announced since early 2019.
- I wanted to cover a specific window with an intelligent blind for years, but retrofitting an electrical system was too expensive for me.
- Ikea excellent blinds come in various fixed widths from 60cm to 140cm, but they are all 195cm long.
- The blinds are provided with a remote control ready for raising and lowering, which can control the blinds directly.
Smart Home Parasols: the installation
- Installing the blinds on the window is simple.
- Due to the motor, both models are heavier and bulkier than typical Ikea roller blinds, but the assembly steps are essentially the same.
- The blinds are supplied with a rechargeable battery, so it is unnecessary to carry out any wiring to the electrical network.
- After installation and connection to the walkway, you need to set the maximum length of the blinds, as they cannot be canceled.
- You can do this with the buttons located near the corner of the shade next to the battery.
- Press and hold the bottom button until the blinds reach the bottom of the window, then release the button and click the button twice.
Smart home blinds
- Multiple blinds with a single remote control
- Each blind is already paired with the remote control, so the step to the first pairing is skipped.
- But to connect even more blinds to remote control, do the following:
- Open the back cover of the remote control to open/close and find the pairing button.
- Briefly press the two buttons on the shutter.
- The unit is ready to pair for 2 minutes.
- Keep the remote on/off control very close to the blind you want to add, no more than 5 cm from the battery cover of the blinds.
- Press and hold the pairing button on the remote control for at least 10 seconds to open/close wirelessly.
- A red lamp on the remote open/close will glow constantly.
- On your wireless roller blind, a white light begins to dim and blink until the devices are successfully paired.
- You can pair up to 4 blinds by remote control.
Smart home blinds from Ikea with Alexa
- You can control the blinds with the supplied remote control or the IKEA Home Smart app (available on iOS or Android) via the TRÅDFRI gateway.
- If the battery is empty and you want to open the blinds, you can also lower it carefully by hand.
Tradfri also includes a signal booster to extend the network.
- The repeater is equipped with a USB port for charging the removable battery (with the included Micro-USB cable), inserted on the front left side.
- The blinds are entirely wireless and can be controlled by two special buttons.
- It is located directly on the front left corner of the blind mechanism.
- Using the Ikea Home Smart app, you can define timers for regular routines and even create groups of devices for coordinated control.
- The blinds are also compatible with Ikea’s growing range of Home Smart devices.
- Including Tradfri Smart sockets, lights, switches, dimmers, and motion sensors.
In addition, read more helpful resources at justtechblog