Programming Tool Write For Us – A programming tool/ software development tool is a computer program that software developers use to create, repair, maintain, or support other programs and applications. The term generally refers to relatively simple programs that can be combined to complete a task, similar to how multiple hands can be used to fix a physical object.
The most basic tools are the source code editor and the compiler or interpreter, which are used everywhere and all the time. Other tools are used more or less depending on the language, development methodology, and individual engineer, often used for a particular task, such as a debugger or profiler. Tools can be separate programs that are run separately, often from the command line, or they can be parts of a larger program called an integrated development environment (IDE). In many cases, especially for ease of use, simple ad-hoc methods are used instead of a tool, such as debugging a print instead of using a debugger, manually synchronizing (of a whole program or part of the code) instead of a profiler, or bug tracking to a text file or spreadsheet instead of a bug tracker.
List of Programming Tools
Programming tools come in many forms:
- Binary compatibility analysis tools
- Bug Databases: Comparison of issue tracking systems, including bug tracking systems.
- Build Tools: Build Automation, Build Automation Software List
- call schedule
- Code coverage: Software code coverage tools.
- Code review: list of code review tools
- Code sharing sites: Freshmeat, Krugle, SourceForge, GitHub. See also Code Search Engines.
- Build and link tools: GNU Toolkit, GCC, Microsoft Visual Studio, CodeWarrior, Xcode, ICC.
- Debuggers: Debugger#List of debuggers. See also Debugging.
- Disassemblers: Usually reverse engineering tools.
- Documentation Generators: Comparison of Documentation Generators, Plain Old Documentation
- Formal methods: mathematical methods for specification, design and verification
- GUI generators
- Library Interface Generators: SWIG
- Text editors: List of text editors and Comparison of text editors
- Integration tools
- Memory scrubbers are often used in programming languages (such as C and C++) that allow manual memory management and thus the potential for memory leaks and other problems. They are also useful for optimizing memory efficiency. Examples: malloc, Electric Fence, Insure++, Valgrind.
- Parser Generators: Development Software Parsing#Parser
- Performance analysis or profiling: The list of performance analysis tools
- Version Control: Version Control Software List, Version Control Software Comparison.
- Scripting languages: PHP, Perl, Python, REXX, Ruby, Shell, Tcl.
- Search: grep, find
- Find clones/duplicates of source code: Duplicate Code#Tools
- source code editor
- Static code analysis: List of tools of static code analysis
- Source code formatting: indentation, pretty printers, beautifiers, minifiers
- Source Code Generation Tools: Automatic Programming
- Unit Tests – A list of unit test frameworks.
How to Submit Your Articles?
To Write for Us, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Why Write for Techies City – Programming Tool Write For Us
Search Terms Related to Programming Tool Write For Us
Tools for the development of computer software
The Software Development Kit
Software engineering and the list of software engineering topics
source code editor
Toolboxes for user innovation
Guidelines of the Article – Programming Tool Write for Us