Table of Contents
What is Rocket League?
- The Rocket League World Finals will visit the Palacio Vistalegre in Madrid in mid-December.
- It is a venue that has hosted other important electronic sports events in the past.
- In 2019 alone, the Spanish capital has been the scene of significant tournaments of two leading esports worldwide.
- The BLAST Pro Series by CS: GO and the quarter and semi-finals of the League of Legends World Cup. Now, another title is adding to the list, Rocket League.
- Psyonix develops the game – a company acquired in the middle of the year – and was launched in 2015.
- Since its launch, it has always had a strong competitive character, and from very early on, it is welcoming as an electronic sport.
Rocket League Objective
- The premise of the game is straightforward.
- Six players – divided into two teams of three – play in a stadium controlling remote-controlled cars.
- The objective is the same as in sports such as football, handball, or water polo: to get the ball into the opponent’s goal.
- For this, the players have to take advantage of the side walls to gain height.
- It is essential to control the flight of the cars, to bring the ball towards the rival field.
- One of its great attractions as an electronic sport is that it does not depend on adjustments in the game itself.
- But hitting the ball from one angle or another ultimately makes the difference in a play.
- The games last five minutes have time that the teams have to try to score more goals than the rival.
- There are no ties in the Rocket League competition since they arrive with the equalized score at the end of those five minutes.
- Although the future does not whistle until the ball touches the ground – the teams begin an extension that will only end the moment one of the two teams scores.
- As in many esports, the outcome of a tie is not decided by just one game, but we play to see who wins by several games.
- In the World Cup, group games will be played to the best of five games, while in the playoffs, they will be to the best of seven.
How do you operate Rocket League?
- By Number of players and platforms.
- We can play with up to eight players online, up to four on the same platform in a split-screen or a single-player mode.
- You can also play cross-platform on Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, and PlayStation 4.
The aim of the game
- Each round lasts five minutes.
- Teams have to score the most goals in this time using the car to control the ball.
- There are charging pads to give you cranking power to increase the car’s speed, and with some practice.
- We can use them strategically to beat the opposing team.
- Players new to the game
- Players who are starting or want to practice can play the game in solo mode, playing against computer-controlled cars.
- MORE INFO:- trendssandsty