What is WiFi 6? (also known as AX WiFi)
- WiFi 6 is the outstanding next-generation standard in WiFi technology. WiFi 6, also known as “AX WiF” or “802.11ax WiF,” builds and improves the current 802.11ac WiFi standard.
- We built WiFi 6 in response to the growing number of various devices in the world.
- If you have a VR device, multiple smart home devices, or a huge number of devices in the household, then a WiFi 6 router might be the best WiFi router.
- In this guide, we’ll go over WiFi 6 routers and break down how they’re faster, increases speed and efficiency, and are better at transferring data than previous generations.
1. Explosively fast WiFi up to 9.6 Gbps
- Ultra-Smooth Streaming
- WiFi 6 uses both 1024-QAM to provide a big signal packed with data (giving you more speed and efficiency) with a 160 MHz Channel to provide a wider channel to make your WiFi faster.
- You can experience stutter-free VR or enjoy stunningly vivid 4K and even 8K streaming.
2. 4x More Capacity for More Devices
- Ideal for Crowded Networks
- WiFi 6 uses 8×8 uplink/downlink, MU-MIMO, OFDMA, and BSS Color to provide up to 4x larger capacity and handle more devices.
- You can come from home to a virtually flawless smart experience or throw a house party with a network built to handle your guests and their devices.
3. Increased Efficiency with OFDMA
- Make Latency A Thing of The Past
- The WiFi 6 standard uses OFDMA for increased functionality and efficiency.
- Imagine that your WiFi connection is a series of trucks delivering data packets to your devices and machines.
- With 802.11ac WiFi, delivery trucks or “packed” can only deliver one parcel or data to one device at a time.
- But with OFDMA, every truck can deliver multiple parcels to different devices simultaneously.
- The vast improvement in efficiency works for both uploads and downloads.
4. Minimize WiFi Conflicts with Your Neighbor
- With WiFi6’ss BSS Color
- Interference from your neighbors” wireless networks can cause problems with the wireless signal.
- The BSS (Base Service Station) Color marks frames from networks so that your router can ignore them.
- If you stay in an apartment or flat close to your neighbors, it means that your router just became more efficient – no extra work required.
5. Reduce Power Consumption
- With Target Wake Time
- The Target Wake Time (TWT) allows devices to negotiate when and how often they get up to send data or receive data, increasing device sleep time improving battery life for mobile and IoT devices.
6. More Bandwidth on a Wider Channel
- 160 MHz Channel Width
- WiFi 6 expands the WiFi band from 80 MHz to 160 MHz, increasing the channel width and creating a faster connection from the router to the device.
- With WiFi 6, you can enjoy 8K movies, large file downloads, and uploads, and responsive smart home devices – all without buffering.
7. More Speed and Greater Stability
- 4x Longer OFDM Symbol
- OFDM is a symbol that transmits data. It divides its data among smaller subcarriers for more stability and wider coverage.
- AX WiFi uses a 4x longer OFDM symbol to create 4x more subcarriers.
- Because of this, WiFi6’ss longer OFDM symbol provides increased coverage and makes it 11% faster.
- Enjoy rock-solid coverage from your garage to the second story and get ultra-fast connections for all your smart home, mobile, gaming, and desktop devices in between.
Also Read: Razer phone 2 – Features, Design, Performance, and Review of Razer phone 2
- MORE INFO:- techiintro
Review WiFi 6 – Definition, Incredible Features, Performance, Uses, and More. Cancel reply