What is AirPlay?
- You can know What is AirPlay as it is a protocol by Apple allowing two positives to be detected, can be connected, can send video and sound without cables.
- We could say that it is an alternative to other similar protocols such as Miracast or Google Cast but controlled by Apple so that the technology meets its needs.
- Using AirPlay, you can play multimedia content from a single, compatible source, such as an iPhone.
- And stream it to take multiple devices that are also compatible and within the same network, such as a television or stereo system.
- You will be able to find AirPlay on practically all Apple devices, so they will be able to communicate with each other.
- You will have it on the iPhone, iPod, iMac, iPad, and devices like Apple TV.
- You can also find them in other compatible devices manufactured by third parties, from televisions to music equipment.
- It is a fairly versatile protocol, allowing you to send videos and music to compatible televisions or speakers.
- You can also do mirroring, which mirrors what you do on the screen of your mobile, tablet, or computer on the television.
- In short, we can say that it is a centralized alternative by having to connect different types of devices.
- For example, you do not need to connect your phone or computer to the TV via a cable to send videos or to be able to transmit.
- You can do it on the screen or use a line to connect them to musical equipment in which to reproduce audio.
- It is a good option for leisure, but you can also take advantage of it in the work world by using it to make presentations.
How does AirPlay work?
- AirPlay works over WiFi networks. It means that both the devices that are going to broadcast the content.
- Those that are going to receive it will have to be connected to the same WiFi network so that they can “meet.”
- In its way of working, we can recognize two types of devices, sources, and receivers.
- The seeds are the devices that use AirPlay-compatible software capable of sending the content.
- Simultaneously, the receivers are other compatible devices capable of receiving it.
- And also, playing it and displaying the accompanying information, such as a song or artist’s title.
- When you link two or more devices to transmit audio or video, the sender or source maintains control of the playback.
- With this, on your mobile, tablet, or compatible computer, you will be able to see rules to move the exact point of reproduction or volume.
How to use AirPlay?
- To use AirPlay, all you have to do is click on one of its three distinct icons on any compatible device that you want to use as a transmitter.
- The icons are the ones you see in this image above and from left to right.
- They represent video sending, audio sends, and screen broadcasting or mirroring.
- To send video or photos, you have to go to an Apple device and find and start playing the video you want to send through the protocol.
- Then, click on the share button, and in the options menu, you will see the AirPlay icon.
- When you press, you will see the list of compatible receiving devices so that you can choose which one to send.
Also Read: Apple Mini – Definition, Specifications, Ideal Choices, and Reviews