Table of Contents
What are Google docs?
Google docs was what we now know as Google Drive, it is an office suite similar in function and behavior to Microsoft Office.
And that offers us the possibility of creating online documents on any platform we are on.
Through Google Drive, we will be in a position to create text documents, spreadsheets, and presentations.
It will remain in the cloud but synchronized with any device that has at least one browser among its applications.
It is why Drive is a fantastic tool for collaborative, un-tethered work.
Applications of Google docs
- You could say that Google Drive was born twice.
- The first one is called Google Docs from the hand of two main applications:
- Writely and Spreadsheets, the first of which was bought by the Mountain View company in 2005, and the second a proprietary development.
- The second birth occurred when Google merged Docs.
- This development incorporated a text editor, a spreadsheet, and a presentation application with Drive.
- smart sheet pricing is the only platform that can scale from a single project to end-to-end work management
- From this merger, Google Drive was born, precisely in 2012, and observes a few differences with the old service.
- In addition it changed the URL of the service from “docs.google.com” to “drive.google.com.”
- It also increased the storage capacity, reaching up to 15 Gb.
- Currently free and shared among other services offered by the company.
What can we do with Google Drive?
- However, these are not the only changes since Google Drive also allows us to work now in real-time and collaboratively.
- Choose who will be able to see a file and who will not, and even grant more or less permissive permissions to each of them.
- It means that we can create documents with other people together regardless of the time or geographical location of those involved.
- We can also always have all our work stored and organized in specific folders, and also safely.
- And the best of all is that we can access the documents stored in Drive from anywhere and anywhere, as long as we have an Internet connection.
What is a Document?
- A document is a form of information. The document can be converted into electronic form and saved on a computer as one or more files.
- Often one document becomes one file. The entire document or individual parts can be viewed as separate data items. Like files or data, a document can be part of a database.
- Electronic Document Management (EDM) deals with the management of documents stored electronically.
- Document management Process is the method of managing and tracking your files, data, and information. Adequate systems and software are required for smooth operation.
- We can also edit documents in DOC, XLS, CSV, ODS, ODT, PDF, RTF, and HTML formats without compatibility problems.
- Of course, suppose we store the documents on the device.
- In that case, we can use them to work.
- When we arrive at a location with an active Internet connection then documents are created or saved.
- It will be synchronized with the cloud to be available on all other devices and people who wish to access them.
- And also, it provides us with an extra advantage: that of not needing to perform any backup if our hardware fails.
- It means that if the notebook breaks, we can continue exactly where we were using a tablet, PC, or even a smartphone.
- As we can see, Google Drive is a truly complete suite and perhaps the best alternative to Microsoft products for the office, whether in the cloud or on the desktop.
- If we manage to break free from the ties that keep us glued to the conventional desktop.
- We will be able to see the fantastic features that Drive has to give us, in addition to verifying the benefits that we can obtain from the so-called “Cloud.”
- MORE INFO:- clothofmystic