How to free up space on android?
- A warning message How to free up space on android, advising no space available in the phone’s memory or that it is about to run out.
- Although it is becoming less common, far from the first Android phones (it also happens in iOS), it can still occur.
- A symptom of continued use of the phone and call the “junk” and unnecessary files we accumulate.
- That is why it is good that, periodically, we free up space on the mobile, for which we can follow some very accessible steps.
Deleting apps, you don’t use
- We start with the obvious step that is none other than deleting those applications.
- At some point we have installed and that we no longer need or have stopped using.
- They occupy valuable space in the memory of our phone, and we can end them within the “Settings” and in the “Applications” section.
- Click on the one we want to “Uninstall”.
- Another option is to have it from Google Play, in which step we must open the Google Play application.
- And once inside, click on the “Options” menu, which appears with the icon of three horizontal stripes in the upper left corner of the screen.
- We look for the option “My applications” and games, we press it.
- And it will take us to a screen to manage the applications purchased, installed, or those that you installed at some point.
- Click on the “Installed” tab to know what applications are currently on the mobile.
- We will see above a window called “Storage” that shows the percentage of storage occupied by applications and the amount in GB of space that you have accessible.
- If we click on this window, we will see a menu to free up the mobile by choosing several uninstall applications.
Blasting data and Cache
- If you don’t want to delete it, the famous “just in case,” you can always choose two intermediate solutions, also from the “Applications” menu.
- When entering the desired app, we can either delete the data or delete the occupied cache.
- We leave the app with the first option as if we had just installed it, deleting data, accounts, games, etc.
- While with the deletion of the cache, we will strike down the data that the application has been storing from the first use to accelerate thus and better its operation.
- In this case, we can note that if it is a commonly used app, this cache will not take time to fill up again.
- What is also true is that between the two options, we can save quite a few megabytes.
Check the downloads folder
- On the PC, in Android, we find over time with a “Downloads” folder that can be pretty bulky.
- If we download content regularly and especially if they are multimedia files, this folder can be quite large.
- That is why it is worth going to the folder using the relevant file explorer on your phone (each brand may receive a different name).
- It is about looking for the “Downloads” or “Downloads” folder and deleting all the files.
- You have been downloading and accumulating in this folder and that you no longer need.
Also Read: Convert PDF to Kindle – Methods and Steps to Convert PDF to Kindle