Table of Contents
Instagram Message Desktop – If you are reading this article, you are probably looking for a way to learn how to send straight messages on Instagram on PC. So we are going to tell you the good news right away.
Since April 2020, Instagram has allowed users to send and receive messages on Instagram desktop. So you no longer need to use your cell phone’s mini-screen to jump from one Instagram conversation to another, or constantly tap on a tiny keyboard to reply to messages.
Especially if you are on the stage as a brand or business and use Instagram DMs to rise your sales, you need to know how to view Instagram DMs on a computer. Because? With business profiles sending or replying to a large number of direct messages almost every day, it is difficult to respond to every user on the small screen of their smartphone.
What is Instagram Message Desktop?
- Instagram Message Desktop is one of the most versatile functions on Instagram.
- Whether it’s to comment on posts privately, get in touch with influencers, or regain new friends, this side chat helps shape the sense of community around the app.
- However, many users try to access them through the web version, but it is an option that is not available yet.
- In this way it is accessible, and although the desktop interface is very similar to that of the application.
- Instagram is tedious because you have to enter the mailbox from your mobile to know if someone has sent us a private message.
- The Instagram Direct function, included in the Instagram application, allows us to send private messages to other network users.
- These direct messages or Instagram DMs have become an essential communication source with our contacts and other people.
- The feature has taken a long time to be available on the PC or Mac via the browser.
- We can now send, receive and read Instagram DM direct messages from the PC.
- For a long time, you are sending or reading direct messages on Instagram from your computer straightforward.
- Now the feature is available on the web version of Instagram for seamless online access.
What are Instagram DMs or Direct Messages?
Instagram Direct allows you to send messages to one or more people. We can send the following items as a message on Instagram Direct :
- Photos or videos you take or upload from your library
- Posts you see in the feed
- Temporary photos and videos
- If it is from a person we follow, we will receive a notification.
- If someone you don’t follow sends you a message, it will appear as a request in your inbox.
- To reject or allow the news, swipe left on the note (on iOS) or touch and hold the message (on Android) and select Delete or Accept.
- Send direct messages on Instagram from the web.
What are the Steps to login and access Instagram?
Sending Instagram DMs or DMs from your PC is as simple as following these steps:
- Access https://www.instagram.com/
- Enter your phone, username, or email along with the password; or Login with Facebook
- If you have 2-step verification activated, enter the code.
- Click on the Instagram DM icon in the upper right area.
- Click on send a message, select contact and write text or image.
How to receive and read DM from Instagram online?
- Direct messages with the Instagram application for PC
- In addition to entering the social network from our browser, Instagram has its application or desktop version that we can download from the Microsoft Store at this same link.
- Once installed, we can open the application and send direct messages through it from the web version or the app from the mobile or tablet.
Steps to Instagram DM
Specifically, to send Instagram DM from the desktop application, these are the steps to follow:
- We open Instagram.
- We identify ourselves with our email account and password.
- At the top right of the main page, we find a series of icons or options. There we find the one that allows us to send direct messages on Instagram.
- Click on the button, and the screen will automatically appear from where we will manage all direct messages on the social network.
- On the left side, we will see the list of contacts or followers with whom we have exchanged private messages.
- In the central part, we are shown the option to Send a new message.
- At the top, we find the Instagram search engine, and the available options are kept to return to any section of the application.
- To send a direct message, click on Send a message, and a new window will appear in which we can search for the user we want to send it to.
- Instagram will also show us a list of Suggestions based on the latest messages sent or our social network activity.
- In the left panel, next to the Direct title, we also find an icon with a kind of sheet and a pencil from which we can send direct messages on Instagram to click on this icon to send messages.
- Once we have selected the user or users to whom we want to send the private message, click on Next, and the chat will open to exchange messages with that person.
- At the bottom, we will find the text field to write our messages, and next to it, we will also have the option to add or send photos in direct messages.