- The PS5 could well mark the spirits thanks to a technical sheet at the cutting edge of technology and at the height of that of its rival, the Xbox Series X.
- With a raw power of 10.28 TFLOPs, a 3D audio system, an SSD of 825 Go with speeds of 5.5 GB/s which would drastically reduce loading time.
- It is a Dual sense controller designed to enhance immersion, Sony’s next console has something to dream of on paper.
- We have gathered all the official information about this new PlayStation, a direct competitor of the Xbox Series X and Series S.
The technical sheet of the PlayStation 5
- Sony unveiled in March 2020 the architecture of its latest console.
- Basically, the PS5 comes with an AMD Ryzen Zen 2 processor, an AMD RDNA 2 GPU, 16 GB of GDDR6 RAM, an 825 GB SSD, and a 4K UHD Blu-ray player.
- It also incorporates a brand new 3D audio engine.
PS5: price, release date, and test
- The Japanese firm held a conference on September 16, 2020.
- On this occasion, she revealed the price for the two versions of the PlayStation 5 and their release date: € 499 for the Standard Edition and € 399 for the Digital Edition.
- These two consoles have been officially available in France since November 19.
The PlayStation 5 Dual Sense controller
- In April 2020, the Japanese manufacturer decided to tell us more about the controller that will accompany the PS5.
- Called Dual Sense, it incorporates adaptive L2 and R2 triggers as well as a new vibration system.
- Sony had also promised better autonomy. We hope that the developers will exploit these new features and provide us with new ways to play.
Unboxing the PlayStation 5
- We have carried out an un-boxing accompanied by an analysis of the form factor of the console.
- The editorial staff even went further than that since they passed the console in front of the thermographic camera.
PlayStation 5 teardown
- Achieving great performance requires mastery of both software and hardware.
- “It looks like Sony made a bespoke SSD controller to handle the PS5’s incredibly high data transfer speeds,” iFixit commented.
- Whereas the Series X (Xbox) uses a more conventional setup with SanDisk hardware.
What games will be available on the PS5?
Don’t know what to play on your PS5? Here is the console line-up, as well as a non-exhaustive list of expected titles.
Here are the games that came out with the PlayStation 5:
- Astro’s Playroom, which is preinstalled on the PS5
- Demon’s Souls
- All-Stars Destruction
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
- Sackboy A Big Adventure
- Resident Evil 5 Definitive Edition
What about PS4 backward compatibility on PS5?
- Sony had confirmed that the PS5 would be backward compatible with an “overwhelming majority” of the PS4’s 4000 games.
- The latest generation components of this new console will probably increase the speed of these existing games.
- During the conference on September 16, the Japanese manufacturer said that PS5 users subscribed to PlayStation Plus would have access to a new PlayStation plus Collection service.
- It will allow gamers to play certain games that made the success of the PS4 at no additional cost.
- The PS5 would not, however, be backward compatible with the PS3, PS2, and PS1.
Also Read: Techies City
- MORE INFO:- technoologyen
Review PS5 – Features, Games available on PS5, Controller, and Other Official Information.